Friday, July 15, 2011

Thrift Store Finds of the Week!

It's that time again. Time to share my newest thrift store finds.First let me share some items I found for my daughters room. This white lace pillow looked brand new and will go perfect on her bed. The black velvet with beaded fringe is suppose to be a throw. I'm not sure how many of you use a throw with beads on the end, but I'm going to use it for either a valance over her small window or make a full length curtain with it. She has one window that faces West, that lets in horrible heat and sun during the evening. The curtain pull backs were perfect to use for this same window, so she can pull it back when she needs to let some air in and use the fan. 


The bold colored print, Ms. Ciara picked out herself. She said it had lots of possibilities with accessories. The other pink and white skirt I bought becuase I thought it was very "soft and feminine". I'm not sure she'll actually wear it, but if she listens to my suggestions it will fit perfectly in her wardrobe.


Here are a few finds for myself. Another awesome frame with the perfect amount of scrolls and fancy decor on the edges. It will be painted in the future, but I"m just not sure what color yet or where it will go. Time will tell. The fabric is actually a flat sheet that's never been used, so I'm keeping it for future projects. The pitcher..well when I get my new kitchen done, it's going to make a beautiful centerpiece with bright roses and flowers. 


Last, but not least some new Christmas books. Tammy bought me a book at a garage sale a few weeks ago, and luckily I didn't have it. In fact, I'd never bought any in the series, so I was lucky to find the other 2 for .99 cents. I also got this fun Christmas book. Their aren't to many of those out there, so it will be nice to have a fun, romantic book to read. If you've not read any of the Richard Paul Evans books, I highly suggest you seek them out. They have them at all local bookstores, including Deseret Books. Many have already been made into movies as well.

2 comments: