Friday, December 13, 2013

Smash Fries Copy Cat Recipe

For those of you who haven't had smash fries, from Smash Burger, you are missing out on something delightful. Those shoe string fries, drizzled in Olive Oil and Rosemary are to die for.

Today while grocery shopping at Target, I was trying to think of something to have with BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. As I crossed the freezer end cap, they just happened to have shoe string fries, right there, next to the meat. Shoe string fries are not my normal choice when making fries at home, but immediately Smash Fries came to mind. I wasn't sure how I was going to make that happen, but I knew I was going to give it a shot. 

I did one quick Google search and boom, there it was...the easiest recipe ever! And the best part, was knowing I was using the rosemary from my own garden. So get out your recipe book and write this one down.



Rosemary Garlic Fries:

Prepare 1 package of shoe string fries as instructed on the package, making sure they are crisp, but not overly brown. My bag was 28 ounces and the perfect amount to use with the amount of dressing I mixed up. 

Dressing: 
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 TBSP of fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 TBSP of dried rosemary , chopped
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt 

Mix dressing ingredients in large bowl and once the fries are done, put all of them into the large bowl and toss until they are all coated. If you are leery your first go around, put some of the dressing in a smaller bowl and mix with a small batch of the fries. You can control the amount of dressing easier that way. We did that tonight, just because we weren't sure how potent it was all going to end up, but after the fact, the recipe was perfect and we could of just mixed it all at once.

Don't sit on this one, I'm telling you, they are so good and received 2 thumbs up from the guys as well.




4 comments:

  1. This was horrible. I was really craving smash fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you didn't care for it. I find it to taste just like them and we've enjoyed making a bunch a couple times.

      Delete
  2. Smash fries always awesome. Smash up or crush the rosemerry some in mortal and pestle to help it infuse more and crush kosher salt then mix it all really well before adding fries for more consistsncy. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. its delicious, of course nothing will taste just like it, exactly but these are a good copy cat, i have found it needs to be FRESH ROSEMARY and NOT dried. makes a big diff.

    ReplyDelete