- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small package chocolate instant pudding
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup Irish Cream Liquor
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Liquor
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan (using cocoa powder instead of flour) or spray generously with Pam.
- Mix cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, 3/4 cup Irish Cream and eggs. Beat together for several minutes then pour batter in the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then invert cake onto a serving dish.
- Pokes small holes all over the cake using a fork, then pour glaze all over the cake. Let it absorb the glaze and then pour more glaze on. Repeat until all of the glaze is used. (Or use as much of the glaze as you'd like)
- For the Glaze: Melt butter, sugar, and 1/4 cup water together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup Irish Cream.
My Personal Notes: My baking time was only 45 minutes. Next time, I think I'll even cut off 5 minutes and check it at 40. I used the fork as instructed to poke my holes, but the cake didn't absorb the glaze very well. Next time, I think I'll use a tooth pick and make my holes a bit bigger. You can see in the photo, that even though I waited in between drizzles, most of it still pooled to the bottom. I thought the ratio of the glaze was perfect, but I think I'd like to increase the Irish Cream in the cake to 1 cup. It just didn't pop as much as I would have liked.