Sunday, July 3, 2011

Christmas in July: Day 3 Rum Raisin Muffins

When thinking about what I wanted to do today for CIJ, I pulled out this Taste of  Home 2010 Holiday Recipe Magazine. I recieved it as a gift last year from my Advent partner and normally when I get a new cookbook I just don' t have the time to look through it for the current year. Recipes I want to use are already in place, ingredients have been bought, so in July I always like to take the time to look through these cookbooks and try out some recipes. 



Today, I wanted to keep it simple and make sure I had all the ingredients I needed on hand. What I decided on was a batch of Rum Raisin Muffins. They are something we'll be able to enjoy for breakfast this week.


Here's a copy of the recipe and the instructions. 





I've been having some problems with my new cupcake pans cooking things to fast on the bottom. These were no exception, but they still taste pretty good and I like the bottom a little crispy to go along with the soft, kind of gooey top. And finally, here are my muffins....Tada!


7 comments:

  1. Yummy! That's a great idea to dig out your Christmas magazines in July and plan for the coming holiday season. I, too, pretty much have my menus and baking plans in place already by the time the magazines come out in the stores so I'll be sure to put them somewhere handy to bring out in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins are always yummy and I love raisins in them :) I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am so making these this month for Christmas in July! How exciting to see meet someone else who celebrates Christmas In July too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Natasha, I just went to your Christmas blog. You have some beautiful photographs. I'll be back soon to check it out in depth. Have a great July and I hope you enjoy the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for great simple things to make for my dad's 80th b-day party a big family get together in the Tenn. Smokies, in the cabins. I think he would enjoy eating these for breakfast, lunch, or dinner ! Yummy-Rummy goodness!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat, they are really yummy. The recipe book says they are good with coffee too and I would love them with some orange juice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from Someday Crafts. Would love to have you link this up at my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on right now. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete