Saturday, October 30, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas Quiz

I just got done taking this quiz and got a perfect score on it. I have been reading multiple versions of this book to my daughter for years, so I'm thinking it's just imprinted in their without me even knowing. Now I've sent it to her to see how well she does. Can't wait to see! In the mean time, if you'd like to take the quiz, here you go.


The Night Before Quiz


My favorite version of The Night Before Christmas is the Coca Cola edition. I love the graphics! Did you know, that our modern day Santa image came from that ad campaign. Of course we had visions of Santa, but the red suit and bowl full of jelly look, took off and has never changed since that era.



The Coca-Cola Santa made its official debut in 1931 in The Saturday Evening Post and appeared regularly in that magazine, as well as Ladies Home Journal, National Geographic, The New Yorker and others.  From 1931 to 1964, Coca-Cola advertising showed Santa enjoying a Coke, playing with children who stayed up to greet him and raiding the refrigerators at a number of homes. 

1958 Commercial with Santa:
:


 


2006 Commercial-Has a retro feel to it still.


1 comment: