Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mickey is my Friend!!

Tonight I'm feeling in the Mickey spirit. So let's start off with this great Disney Movie comic from 1929 called Skeleton Dance.



About the same time my mom started working Hallmark again, I discovered Jim Shore and his Disney pieces. I started out with several Christmas pieces, but soon fell in love with the Disney pieces.

This piece my husband surprised me with for my birthday 2 years ago. I love this one, because it glows in the dark.






This second piece he had ordered for me last Christmas. Getting Halloween gifts at Christmas doesn't bother me in the least, so I was ecstatic. I love candles and I love Mickey, so why not combine the two.




These are the two pieces, I'd still like to collect. One is new, the other I think is an older piece.  I've never seen it before, so I need to do some more research.








If you are a mickey fan and interested in carving a Mickey Mouse pumpkin, here is a link to a free template.
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Template



When doing a search for pumpkins, I found this picture of Epcot and hydroponic garden area. They actually grow pumpkins in the shape of a Mickey icon. Very cool...but probably very expensive.



Here is one of my new cards...Gotta love eyelets and brads. Simple, yet so chic!



Let me finish with another recipe. I found this one on Shari's I-phone today. I absolutely want to try it this year.   Pumpkin Mushroom Stuffing

No comments:

Post a Comment