Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dining Room Decorations, Mice, Cards and Video

Last night I was scoping out Halloween videos and came across these Ellen videos. I was laughing so hard, I'm surprised my husband didn't come out to see what the heck was going on. That woman just makes me laugh and she gets such a kick out of scaring her guest, it's HYSTERICAL.



Now on to my dining room decorations. Two years ago I bought my Halloween tree on clearance at Walgreens. I put it out last year with lights, but don't even remember what I decorated it with. After Christmas I picked up some Orange and Purple bulbs on clearance and I went this year and bought the black ornaments from Hobby Lobby before they were gone. I'm still brainstorming a tree topper, but I think it turned out great. I might add candy corn garland if I get the chance to string it. You string it with a needle, just like you would popcorn for Christmas. I think it would look great!





These bottles in the following photo are wine bottles I had lesley save for me last year and I painted them black. I want to paint some more of them and add labels next time. But for now, they add a great feeling to the dining room. I love my glitter flower picks and the Wicked was something I picked up at Wal-Mart last year.


My hanging sign and nets all came from the dollar store. If you get to the Dollar Tree early in the season, they have some fun stuff!



I started receiving my Halloween swap cards, here are the first two I received. As Ciara would say, it's my weird stranger friends who swap cards with people they don't know. Well after 3 years of swapping, do I get credit for knowing them yet?  I consider them my friends, even if she doesn't!




Here are the "FAKE" mice I've used to decorate around the house and my new kitty Dublin has decided they are a great snack. You'd think after eating 2 or 3 of them, she'd get the hint they don't taste so great or fight back, but I keep finding them every morning in odd places. 




Last, but not least my pumpkin recipe of the day. I think I'll go with Pumpkin Pasta Sauce. It's almost like an Alfredo sauce, but with pumpkin and nutmeg added. Ciara and I both love it!

1 comment: