Monday, January 31, 2011

One Valentines Day...Coming Up!

Even though I haven't posted in a few days, it's been a busy few days. Friday it was 62 degrees, Sunday 45 and today...0 and below!  Yesterday I was outside, with long sleeves, putting up the outdoor lights and today I can barely leave the house without freezing my fingers off. Because of the extreme temps, they've also closed down most of the schools tomorrow. With it only  reaching -3 tomorrow, I have a feeling the districts new plan of having the kids that live 2.5 miles or closer walk to school, isn't sounding safe right about now. 




I think I've been dragging my feet a little with Valentines Day, becuase it's really not one of my favorite holidays. It's not that I don't LOVE, LOVE, it's that the day has become such a demand on men and really, I'd rather my  husband show me he loves me 364 other days of the year, for no good reason. I've always made Valentines  Day, a family day. We usually set a nice table,  have a nice meal and exchange a few gifts. No flowers and no chocolates necessary. 

This year, I have a different plan, but I can't share just yet. Here are a couple photos from years past. 

2010: VD Crab Dinner 




2009: VD at the Mammoth Game




2008: VD Chinese Dinner 




2007: VD Pink Alfredo  (doesn't look the most appealing) & Last VD with my dad.

1 comment:

  1. We don't bother celebrating Valentine's Day here. The kids get a chocolate treat and that is about it. I think it is more important how you treat each other the other 364 days that count.

    ReplyDelete