Oreo Ball Recipe
- 1, 18 oz. package Oreos (store brand works fine!)
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Wilton’s candy melts (Can also use Chocolate Bark or Semi-Sweet Morsels)
- Crumble Oreos in a food processor.
- Mix together crumbled Oreos and cream cheese
- Chill mixture for at least 30minutes, if not longer. (Can also be frozen in advance)
- Roll into 1″ ball
- Melt candy according to package directions.
- Dip balls and place on wax paper to dry.
Helpful Hint: I have a medium size food processor, so a full package of Oreos and block of cream cheese will not fit all at once. I would suggest you crumble your Oreos first, then I third my Oreos and cream cheese. Make one batch, put it aside in a bowl and do another batch, until all 3 are made. Once your chocolate is melted, you do need to work fast to avoid the excess chocolate from getting hard again. If that happens, you can microwave it and usually it will soften up again. I prefer my Oreo balls with a milk chocolate coating or a real white chocolate coating. I really didn't care for the white bark. Just remember the colder the mix is, the easier it is to work with. If the mixture is cold enough, you can use tooth picks to dip your balls into the chocolate, if they are softer, you can use a spoon as we did in these photos. The spoon may work better for little ones.