Monday, July 28, 2014

Christmas in July Dinner 2014

This year, I wanted to do something different, so we took the idea of Ugly Sweaters, gave it a summer twist and wore Hawaiian shirts. My gals, Shari and Shae took it one step further and showed up with these fabulous coconut additions. Trust me, they we're the topic of endless jokes all evening.


2014 has been a year of change in our family, so our little celebration had to work through a few absences. My best friend Tammy passed this year, so she was absent and Ciara's best friend Konner (our summer Santa) has moved out of state for college. Both we're missed, but in our thoughts. Ciara had a the idea to make this chalk board sign and send it to Konner. 


We played a quick game of Christmas Trivia, but next year we need to amp up the game, because this batch was way to easy.


We all had a blast exchanging or gifts. Everyone did a great job of making them personal and that's what makes it so much fun. 










After dinner and gifts, the kids went outside to try out the new super soakers I gave Shae. They we're an instant hit and I have no doubt that they will be put to great use for the remainder of the summer.


 


Once again, I'm thankful for my friends and family putting up with my Christmas antics and playing along. I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment