Sunday, July 6, 2014

Christmas in July Day 6: Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red CD


 I'll admit, I listen to Christmas music all through the year. Not daily, not weekly, but when I'm having a not so good day or just need a pick me up, I'll usually turn on Accu Radio if I'm at work or pull out the new cd's if I'm at home. My collection is pretty big now and ranges in variety, but every few years a new "Favorite" will top the others. Bette Midler's Cool Yule has been holding that spot for a couple years now, but Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red has won me over. The more I listen to it, I'm reminded of the range she has. Her Wrapped in Red album has pop, country and classic tunes all wrapped in one. Often, when a performer makes a Christmas album, the songs just start running into each other because they sound so much alike. If you haven't picked it up yet, now would be a great time so you have it early and ready to unwrap on November 28th.

She did a great job highlighting various songs, while doing press for the album. After watching some of the performances, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Underneath the Tree



My Favorite Things



Silent Night










3 comments:

  1. I got this cd during the holidays and loved it so much! Her interpretation of old classics was beautiful but I also loved her new songs. Fun and festive. Happy to meet another holiday junkie! Come from Girl Gab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with everything you said. And awesome to meet you two. I wasn't sure if I'd see anyone from Girl Gab and I'm super excited to have you along for my CIJ party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know her but will look her up.

    ReplyDelete