Saturday, June 18, 2011

Patio Furniture Upgrade!

When I bought this furniture several years ago. As the years passed, it faded to this horrible brown color. It's not even a real brown...more of a gray brown, with some black mixed in. When I was searching out paint for some other projects, I came across paint specifically for plastic. The seats look wicker, but they are actually more of a plastic.






After a few cans of Krylon Fusion for Plastic in Black Textured Shimmer




 And some new seat cushions from Home Depot
   

One Basset Hound repainted from Hobby Lobby

And this is what you get......


And that life size dog above is not a repainted statue, nor for sale.....That's Hoover enjoying the view! 

Be back tomorrow with some smaller projects I did to spruce up the front porch.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a brand new set. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what a little paint can do. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is 100% better. Love it and I LOVE Krylon!

    I LOVE this and would love it if you would link it up at my linky party: http://tinyurl.com/upcycled52

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! Great job. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new color easy job done well way to go come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com and see what I shared

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first read about the black shimmer paint I didn't think I'd like the outcome--but I really do! It looks great! I've got a mish-mash of vintage lawn chairs and benches that all started a variety of colors, I took some industrial strength primer from HD or Lowes (don't remember) mixed it 50-50 with good ole H2O and used a car washing sponge to literally wash the paint on--it gives it this beautifully aged, hazy look. Some of the old color shows through a bit, and their are a few drips, but they look great and got loads of compliments at several BBQs I've had this summer!

    Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete