Monday, June 20, 2011

More Porch Goodies!


Yes, I know...Ducks?? When I seen this old wooden sign for $1.00 at a garage sale, I knew I had to have it. I'd been wanting to make a sign to hang above my door for sometime and this was the perfect base to start with. It took lots of sanding to wear the outlines of those ducks down, but once I did, I layered it generously with black primer, then black paint. I finished by painting some white over that (mostly around the edges) and then sanded it down once again to get a worn look. I had been pondering what verse I wanted to cut out on my cricut, but when I ran across a whole stack of discounted vinyl quotes at Joanne's I just chose one of those for $5.00 and called it good. So here it is and currently it hangs above the outside of my front door.



After I finished the furniture, I had a bit of that spray paint leftover, so I figured why not clean up my mailbox. I'd been talking to a friend about painting something with detail on it, but I didn't want to wait. So once again, I washed it, used black primer and painted it with the same Krylon paint I used for the patio furniture. I used some super duper heavy duty glue and attached this shamrock I had in my house. It's a bit large, but I like the glimmer it gives me when I pull up to the house.


My Sad Mailbox Before:


And After: 

No comments:

Post a Comment