Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Green Season is Upon Us...



The passing of February 14th means one thing...St. Patrick's Day is just about 1 month away!  That means, a wee bit of Irish is settling in our home. We'll be feasting on Irish food and I'll have plenty of recipes to share. A few will be brand new recipes I'm going to try. My sister in law, called a few weeks ago and told me about a great place we took a cooking class at recently. She asked if I wanted to join her for the Irish cooking class and of course I wanted to. I'd never heard of The Seasoned Chef Cooking School but they have a wide range of cooking classes. Some of the classes include:

ROLLIN’ SUSHI WORKSHOP

WINTER PIE AND TART WORKSHOP

BASIC SKILLS
 EVERY COOK SHOULD KNOW WORKSHOPS
 
 ITALIAN CUISINE WORKSHOPS

MILE HIGH BAKING WORKSHOP

CAJUN COOKIN' WORKSHOP

 
Our "St. Paddy's Day" class will be celebrating the wearing of the green with a menu guaranteed to put a twinkle in any Irishman's eye. Learn to make traditional comfort foods that are staples in any Irish household. These robust dishes will be become your family favorites too: Beer-Cheddar Soup; Irish Stew with Herbed Dumplings; Corned Beef and Cabbage; Shepherd's Pie with Hearty Mustard  Sauce; Colcannon; Irish Soda Bread; Apple-Oatmeal Crumble with Irish Cream Sauce.

I'm super excited to learn how to make real dumplings and a new Shepard's pie recipe. Best of all, I get to take the class with the best cook I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment