Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Cupcakes...DONE!

They are a couple days late, but I'm sure they'll taste just as good. My dear daughter whipped out a batch of her own cupcakes last Friday and totally messed up my plan. Yes, I had a plan! White cupcakes with Cherry Frosting and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting. Well she took the white cupcakes and used the cream cheese frosting. Doesn't matter what cupcake flavor she's making, she always chooses cream cheese frosting first. But, I figured what the heck, my friends are going to have red cupcakes with pink frosting.
Using one of those multi, split sprinkle bottles during the holidays, is the way to go. It gives you a ton of variety and brightens them up, when you don't have time to do them from scratch. Between all the sprinkles and toppings I had and what Tammy gave me, I'm set to sprinkle cupcakes for at least 3 years!! 





I only made a batch of 12, so I had enough left over to make a mini heart cake.  Not enough frosting, but in this case it works! 






Before shutting down for the night, I figured I'd check out Bakarella and see what she's had up her sleeves this month for Valentines Day.



She had some Kiss Pops posted on Valentines Day that are very cute! For the recipe, you can link to  Kiss Pops 


From her archive, I pulled this little impressive treat out. If you have the patience, go for it. I would never (or at least say never for now) make something so labor intensive like this Candy Box. And this was in the beginning, when she was just starting out. 



1 comment: