Monday, November 22, 2010

I picked a Christmas Tree...Finally!

After searching for the right tree for weeks, I finally made myself make a decisions. I told my husband "who would of thought it was such hard work to pick out a Christmas Tree". His response "for the other 99% of the people in the world, it isn't that difficult". I've been looking at every tree in the area since October and still wasn't sure. So I had him drive me to Littleton to check out the pool store (that converts to a tree store at Christmas) and to check out the trees at St. Nicks.  Now, don't get me wrong. I would of taken several of the trees at St. Nicks,  however they were a little out of reach for my budget. $500.00-$1200.00 is crazy! 


In finally settled on this LED white light Christmas tree from Home Depot.


I really debated on this tree from Martha Stewart, becuase I loved the natural look with the pine cones and twigs, but I just wasn't sure how they would hold up in storage year after year and I really wanted to try and get a tree with LED lights. 



I also debated this tree at Costco, however it looked a little to much like plastic for me. What attracted me was the instant set up of the branches. You basically put it together and it already has it's shape, without having to fluff the branches. 

I've been to St. Nicks before, however I never knew there was a bottom floor in the place. That's where they keep all the trees and light options. I already bought some Purple LED lights at Target, however when I plugged them in, they weren't nearly as brilliant as I wanted them. I will be back to St. Nicks this coming year to pick up those dark purple lights, as well as some of the other specialty lights they had. Even my dear hubby found many of them pretty spectacular. However, as you all know the prices of the fancy LED light options are very expensive.  Definitely not something I'm ready to invest in this year after buying a new tree and all new outside, house lights. 






I've always preferred white icicle lights, however I opted to buy the Large C7 multi-colored LED lights this year from Costco. Many of my blow ups, stopped working last year, so I decided to switch it up all around. Lights this year and yard decorations next year. My first purchases will the Frosty and Rudolph. I love these two pieces. 


1 comment: