Saturday, January 25, 2014

Taking it back to the 80's...Wrappin Style!

Can I say how much I love this florescent neon wrapping paper. It's yet another Target products that screamed my name during the Christmas season. It was literally at the end of the isle, in all it's glowing glory, yet I knew others would not appreciate it, as it should be appreciated. I knew, if I waited patiently, I would be that person who gave that orphaned wrapping paper a home, at 75% off.  The pictures of florescent wrapped Birthday packages, this coming year, was very vivid in my mind. 

Today I was able to dive into that paper and put it to use. These are little packages, that will be stored in a closet for the Young Women to receive this coming year, so I had to keep it toned down, in order to store them "efficiently". So the decorations are minimal, but yet I'm pleased. They also had small packs of coordinated ribbon that matched the paper and I was also able to pick up a few of those for dirt cheap. However, I wanted to incorporated black into the mix as well and I really like the combination. I can't wait to wrap a big package with hot pink and a big black bow. I'll be sure to share when I do. 



For those of us who were kids living in the 80's, these color we're a MUST HAVE. I have a very vivid memory of taking my babysitting money one weekend, hoping on the bus by myself, heading to Northglenn Mall, and scouring DEB for the perfect Madonna inspired outfit. I came home with fishnet gloves and all. Those we're the times!  I have to admit, when the neon colors started showing up last year in the stores, it made me smile. So Madonna and The Go-Go's...   I dedicated this post to you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment