Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats

I've been working on a few things and have several things to share, I just happen to be running behind on actually posting them. For today, I'm going to share my Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats. When I came across these...





I knew I had to try the recipe on the back for a tastier and seasonal Rice Krispie Treat. In case you are like me and have no idea what the actual recipe is for the "Original Treat", here is the recipe as it reads on the package. I simply substituted 1 bag or regular marshmallows for one bag of Pumpkin SpiceMallows. So far, I 've only been able to find the marshmallows at Wal-Mart.  That doesn't mean they won't show up still, but so I haven't had much luck.

________________________________________________________________________________



  • 3 tablespoons   butter or margarine
  • 1 package (10 oz., about 40)   regular marshmallows
  • - OR -
  • 4 cups   miniature marshmallows
  • 6 cups   Rice Krispies®
  • Why use Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®?

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

______________________________________________________________________________

Once I spread the mixture, I quickly added some Indian Corn to the top. Be sure to press them firmly into the mixture before the entire pan sets. The package suggested 1/2 cup of candy corn, but I would put them on according to taste. Half of my taste testers liked them and the other half preferred them without. I just happened to think "LESS IS MORE". My final batch looked like this......


I took them to my Youth Group meeting and came back with NOTHING left in the pan. The girls all came back for seconds and thirds!  They were definitely a hit with the girls. 

7 comments:

  1. My family would love this. It is the perfect combination of my husbands fav (candy corn) and my girls favorite (rice krispie treats) Can't wait to make it. Thanks for sharing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I hadn't seen those marshmallows. I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add that I've only found the marshmallows at Wal-Mart so far. That's an important bit of info I left out after searching 3 stores for them else where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really tasty~ I would love to try it! Now I have got to find those marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look so good! Maybe I best not be checking stuff like this out when I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these so very cute love the candy in them come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen these marshmallows in my neck of the woods - dang!!

    ReplyDelete