Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Very Beautiful, Non Traditional DIY Reception

This past weekend, my family was invited to a reception to celebrate the wedding of our nephew Jason, to his new wife Becky.  They have been together for several years and are considered the artsy and creative ones of the family. When the invitation came and I read that they were going to have the party at the bike shop, with a gourmet hot dog stand, my mind started wondering about what exactly we could expect.


When we arrived,  I immediately knew I had a great blogging opportunity to show off this fabulous DIY party.


Let me start with the venue.


The groom works at Erico Motorsports, so when they were looking for a venue his boss offered the showroom. It's very non traditional, but had wonderful seating inside and out.


I'm not a motorcycle gal or Vespa kind of girl, but I'm married into a Ducati type of family. There is an old Ducati stored at my in laws house, that my husband dreams of restoring some day.  If he could have a choice of any high end motorcycle, it would definitely be a Ducati. Needless to say, the Nemnich guys had a good time checking out the museum quality motorcycles.





Many of the their friends actually drove their Vespa's to the shop. It made for conversation while waiting in line for our dinner.


Dinner was super yummy. When I seen the menu posted at each table, I was shocked to find that the majority of the hot dog options were wild game meat.



I've eaten wild game on occasion, but definitely not Reindeer, Wild Boar or Pheasant.  They had hired Biker Jim's Hot Dogs to bring in his cart and cater the dinner.


 I was a bit hesitant, but after my husband raved about the Reindeer dog, I decided to give it a try.

 
Jim suggested it with sauteed onions (cooked in coke), a dash of cream cheese and a touch of horseradish. I have to say, it was one of the best dogs ever. Biker Jim's just opened a restaurant near Coors Field and apparently has a Yak hamburger that is the best burger ever.



No on to the fun part...The Table Decor! 1st each table was topped with a different vintage sheet and the menus were all framed in various frames from thrift stores. The table center pieces consisted of a bottle with a bird on branches, crochet covered rocks and these light mason jars. Very simple and very earthy.



For dessert they had created their own 3 tier dessert trays to serve mini cupcakes. Each piece was made by gluing together various serving pieces, plates, glasses and candle holders together. They were all different and my favorite part of the decor. 
As with everything else, the live performers of choice were completely different and something I'd never seen before. The group Land Lines was described to us as a Chelo Rock Band.

After all was said and done, it was a nice evening with the family. The 3 of us had a great time...
Congrats and Thank You to Jason and Becky!



3 comments:

  1. Brilliant centerpieces!! Thanks for sharing! Isn't it great when there's a personal spin on such a fabulous celebration? You'll have to help me plan my Oranges party next year for our 10 year anniversary! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about eating Rudolph on a bun, but it looks good. Love the decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, I really enjoy seeing how others do life! Thanks for sharing. ~ Farmerswife

    ReplyDelete