Monday, January 9, 2012

My Word of the Year: Rejuvenate!

Rejuvenate: "To Bring New Life To"



For the past 3 years, rather then choose a New Year's resolution, I've chose a word of the year. Last year, my word was "Resolve". The year before that "ME". Both took some thought, but were easy compared to my decision this year. For several weeks, I've pondered and just couldn't think of the right word. Some of my friends have serious words and other online buddies chose fun words like "Rainbows" and "Bubbles". With a little explaining, what appeared to be fun on the outside, actually had some deep, rooted meaning. 

This past year has brought trials for many around me. Trials can be like a double edge sword. Some make you stronger, but some break you down piece by piece. Those small dents aren't all noticeable at once, but over time you become worn and a little neglected. That's when you need to step back, take notice and make time to REJUVENATE.

When I think of the word REJUVENATE, it goes far beyond mental and physical needs. I have relationships that need to be rejuvenated, my home needs to be rejuvenated, my career path needs to be rejuvenated, my hobbies need to be rejuvenated and most importantly my faith needs to be rejuvenated.

I've been enlightened by my word now for 24hours. The first step in taking action is to sit down and take notice. Have you done that recently? If not, I encourage you to take all the time you need to pick your "Word of the Year" and then Take Action!

1 comment:

  1. Wow....good post. Now I kind of feel like I need a word....

    ReplyDelete