Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Sweater.....

For our Christmas lesson in Young Women this past Sunday, we all chose a Christmas book to read to the girls and then had a gift to give the girls that went along with the story. 

My choice was
The Christmas Sweater; The Picture Book by Glenn Beck.


This book was adapted from his original novel, The Christmas Sweater. The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book is the story of a young boy who finds the true meaning of Christmas in the most unlikely of places. Eddie wants a bicycle for Christmas, but his mother knits him a homemade sweater instead. His disappointment is obvious, but a magical journey makes Eddie realize that the sweater is far more than it seems. Ultimately it teaches him that the true meaning of a gift is that it is given with love. 



The obvious gift choice was a sweater. After debating how I'd make them, I decided making felt sweaters would be the easiest route. For embellishments I picked up some rick rack, mini pom poms and buttons. Then I pulled some beads and sequins out of my crafting stash. My friend who makes jewelry, used his tools to make the hangers and when all was done, we had some incredible designs.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are just adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete