Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day....Some go wonderfully and some are trials!!

I've been thinking all day today, about what I should blog about on Mothers Day. Would it be the fact that my daughter cooked me dinner or that I painted all day. Or how excited I was that Doug started working on my flower beds. I could show photos, I could post a funny joke, but I'm simply going to make a tribute to some special people in my life. 


First my mom.....This photo was the last photo taken of my mother before she passed. It makes me smile and makes me sad all at the same time. I'm thankful for those two special people that take the time to make the holidays a bit more special for those sick. From what I hear, they are at the care center every year without fail. My mom appears in her most fragile state and yet I'm so thankful I have this moment in time to remember. 


Then there is Joan, Tammy's mom, who passed away last week. I have no doubt Tammy misses her mother dearly and will forever miss her, but as her friend I'm so happy that her entire family was able to come into town that final week and spend some loving time with her mom. They all had time to remember the past and make some difficult decisions about the future. Like my mom, Joan had some difficult times in the end. The only thing I feel I've said to Tammy that may have some meaning, is reminding her that those memories of the bad times in the end are replaced by the good memories. She is also blessed me with her special daughter !





Next is my friend Shari. Because of her current battle with cancer, she won't be going out to eat, she won't be crafting, she won't be taking a trip to see her mom or a trip to the mountains. She'll still be residing at "Casa de Solis", but yet confident that she's a great mom and a great daughter, a caring sister and a wonderful friend. 



Then there is Barb. My seragote mom and the mother of my BFF. She's spending her Mothers Day in rehab, after having a shoulder replacement. I think this is maybe her 3rd recent surgery and she's hanging in there. I swear, I've never met a child more dedicated then Byron. She's very, very lucky and very, very strong! 


Of course Aunt Sandy comes to mind as well. She's the sister of my ex mother in law. Ciara's Great Aunt in simpler terms. Ciara's grandma passed away as well and Aunt Sandy is a spirited person that keeps that memory alive and give us something to smile about at all times. Her heart is huge...Thank You! 


And my newest friend Carrie. I have to include her, because after years and years of dealing with difficult times with her mother, they have reached a rebuilding point in their relationship. I personally can relate to the void she has had and the excitement of having her mother back. Carrie is really one of the strongest, most spiritual women I have ever met. I'm so happy, that during her current trials, she has the smile only a mom can bring. 


Last but not least, I love me! I love the relationship I have with my daughter and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Love you Ciara!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. You have some very special people in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. Glad you liked the dresser :).

    Emily
    Lovelybeasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete